Institute and Industry
Technology Innovation and Industry Relations Center (TIIRC)
TIIRC aims to facilitate small start-ups and corporate agencies to organize research work along with providing the students of NITR a golden prospect to get exposed to real world applications of their research in a uniquely designed building with in vogue interior designs, central air conditioning system, underground parking system, lifts and state-of-the-art lab facility. The companies registered at TIIRC would provide an opportunity to students as well as professors to work in a collaborative environment to carry out R&D and translate laboratory experiments to marketable products. Limited manufacturing and marketing is also a prospect before moving the production to a large scale factory. Housing the Training & Placement Cell, it has office spaces, a computer lab and various other facilities for carrying out training and recruitment activities.
TIIRC has registered a few startups by NITR students in recent years which are namely the following:
- Phoenix Robotix
- Founded by Amiya Kumar Samantaray and being the first Electronic/Electrical Manufacturing startup of NITR, Phoenix has a very dedicated group of people who recently added a silver feather to their cap by being the finalists of Digital India Campaign and presenting their work in front of the President of India. It deals mainly in the field of robotics and automation.
- This group of students developed VORTEX: the world’s smallest washing machine and got significant recognition for their work. Estinno is basically a product development company dedicated towards transforming their client's dreams into actual products that are manufactural and marketable.
- Penny Partners
- They provide e-wallet, forex, trade and swipe card services enabling users to perform all online cash flow without paying a "penny" i.e. zero transaction charges. Additionally they provide quick, secure, affordable and complete payment solutions to users who want to pay on-line or office, and cost effectively enter the digital economy enabling users to “Shop Anywhere from Everywhere”.
- Hostelcart.com is an e-commerce portal among students of NITR that caters to all their essential needs, boasting of a prompt and efficient delivery system with a swift delivery time of just 45 minutes. The company has expanded its inventory to accommodate 120+ items and the range of products is mainly targeted at hostellers. Till now they have received orders which surpass their initial target by a substantial margin.
Additional Info (Stats)
- Number of patents filed (2012-15): 16
- Sponsored research funding (2012-15) : 2098.65 lakhs
- Total number of Publications reported (2012-14): 2479
- Total number of Citations reported (2012-14): 10,675
PS: All numbers are accurate as per the report published by MHRD for institute rankings in 2016.