Modes of Admission
- JEE MAIN:
- Admission to all B.Tech courses are made through Joint Entrance Examination (JEE(Main)). The counseling for this is done by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). Additionally the Institute offers integrated M.Sc and M.Tech Dual Degree courses which are of 5 years duration. Admission to 5 years integrated programs are made from JEE(Main) or similar National level test, along with the admission for B.Tech.
- The M.Tech/M.Plan admission is through GATE Examination. The counselling for these students is done by Centralised Counselling for M.Tech/M.Plan (CCMT).
- International Students:
International students from Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Bhutan, Saudi Arabia, SriLanka, Pakistan, Oman, Iran, Nepal, Bhutan, Congo, Kuwait, UAE and Maldives head to NIT Rourkela for a quality education. NIT Rourkela supports various programmes for International Students like:
- DASA (Direct Admission of Students from Abroad)
- ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations)
- MEA (Ministry of External Affairs)